Another month, another blog post.
A big thank you to everyone who has purchased the first Trio B pack, I hope you’re enjoying the coaches. Work on the remaining packs is well underway. Rather than getting one pack finished and moving on to the next, I’ve decided to get one coach finished in each of the packs. This allows me to check that I’m happy with the overall appearance of each livery before starting on the remaining coaches.
In the meantime, I thought you might be interested in seeing some Work In Progress shots of the upcoming liveries.
But that’s not all I have for this post. It’s always been my intention, whenever possible, to keep my add-ons up to date. However, because I’ve been working in a very linear fashion, scheduling a slot for updating add-ons has been a challenge, with the inevitable results that they haven’t got done.
However, I’ve changed the way I work and as the ‘Schools’ class is the most popular SLC add-on it is the first add-on that will be upgraded.
What will be involved in the update process?
- Any parts of the model which are not up to standards or incorrect will be remade/altered.
- The texturing will be completely redone, and texturing techniques like those on the Trio ‘B’ coaches will be used.
- The soundset will be heavily reworked with a large number of new sounds.
- The latest SLC scripting will be applied.
- The add-on will be expanded to include all members of the class.
- Additional liveries and variations will be added.
As a result of a large number of changes planned, this will not be a free update for existing customers. However, there will be some form of discount for anyone who owns the SLC ‘Schools’ add-on that is currently available.
The update won’t be happening overnight, so keep an eye on the blog for any updates.
Until next time …